Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Letter to my Grandparents

Gram,or as Eric would say, Hamlet! It's been a while since I've seen you last but I think of you everyday. I was a bit older when you went away though. Older than when Grandpa left. Because of that, I wish I held you longer, slept beside you more often than not and understood you more.


Hoping I did enough.

I always remind myself of you. This damn attitude! I know you're going to laugh when you read this. My how much I miss hearing you laugh and making you smile. I think of all the little things you had that I always thought were cool, your Polaroid's, brass knuckles, pink hair lotion, all the make you had that I fancy now and the sweet smell of your Sand&Sable. I could go on forever.

Grandpapi! It's been too long! If only you could see me now, I'm so much bigger than I was when we parted ways. I still have our hobbies, your the whole reason for my non-logical thinking. My husband will be like you and I'll buy him Paul Sebastian cologne, your favorite. I don't have to say how much I wish you were here. I think of you every time I see girls with their grandfathers, knowing we'd be doing those same things and more. Museums and movies I know you'd like! I'm learning and accepting everything happens for a reason.

One day, I'll be old and wise and telling my grand-children stories about you two!

Until next time...


In Memory of Gwen and Chuck

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment